The answer… YES!
Riverwalk 2018 is happening. But like every Riverwalk it will be unique!
This year’s Riverwalk will focus on 2 main things:
1) RIVERWALKING – just like every year, a small group of youth will walk along a river to explore and protect its beauty, uniqueness and high ecological value
2) PROTECTING EUROPEAN RIVERS – this year is VERY important because starting this summer the PUBLIC (in Europe) will have a chance to speak up for the „EU Water Framework Directive“ – which protects our rivers, lakes, and drinking water! (more to come)
So, where will the Riverwalk 2018 take place?
- Kamp River in Lower Austria (about 1.5 hours from Vienna)
How long will it be?
- 12 days
When will it take place?
- August 6-17, 2018
Who’s organizing it?
- A few veteran Generation Earth members (Tim Pauli and Nina Wagner + plus other experienced hikers) and a handful of other interested walkers! Want to help – let us know! (see below)
What’s the significance?
- This year we’re not just focusing on 1 river, but the health of ALL rivers in Europe. If the Water Framework Directive is weakend, then it means all European rivers and waters are threatened: that means drinking water too!
What can I do if I want to get involved, participate or help out?
- Planning team: please let Tim know! email@example.com
- Walkers: Soon, you’ll find a link on the website and FB to the application process!
- Political Action Team: Interested in helping with the political side of this year’s walk? Contact Lena: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned as we begin to ramp up our communication on this year’s Riverwalk and the efforts to protect the Water Framework Directive – and all European Rivers!
Here’s to Riverwalk 2018 – Let’s walk!